The Dymonte Thomas Community Foundation Inc. & The Alliance Family YMCA
Saturday March 28, 2020
Location: Alliance Family YMCA ~ 205 S Union Ave Alliance, OH 44601
Maximum players per team: 10 ~ Co-ed Event *No minimum female requirement
Cost per player: $10.00
*Team captains should register and turn all players entry money to the Alliance Family YMCA no later than WEDNESDAY, March 18, 2020.
* Captains Meeting Monday March 23, 2020 at 7:00 pm. Captains Must have all players signed waivers at this meeting. Schedules & Rules will also be discussed at this time.
*Tournament Will be played on SATURDAY MARCH 28, 2020.
Age Divisions & Times:
Middle School: Grades 6th - 8th 8:00 am - 10:00 am
High School: Grades 9th - 12th 11:00 am - 1:00 pm
Adult Division: 18 & Older 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm
- Double Elimination Tournament
- 2 Courts
- 10 versus 10 *minimum players to play the game is 8.
- Each Game ends when either 1 team has no players left standing OR at the end of the designated game time the team with the most players still left in the game will be the winner.
- The amount of time each individual game will be announced after prior to the captains meeting on Monday April 13, 2020.
- Champions Will Receive individual medals, as well as their team name on the Annual Trophy that will be kept on display at the Alliance Family YMCA.
- There Will be a total of 3 referee's on each court (1 on each side & 1 in the middle). All of the Referee's decisions are final! This is for FUN!
- All rules & restrictions of The Alliance Family YMCA must be executed.
- NO FOUL Language or Disruptive behaviors. Actions may result in team disqualification.
- 10 versus 10. A Team may have as few as 8 players to play.
- Each team will begin lined up behind their side's endline.
- There are 8 balls, that will sit at the centerline (midcourt) of each court. During the opening rush (when the game starts), you may leave the end line to grab the balls.
- You are out if: 1) you step on or over a sideline or centerline; 2) a thrown live ball hits your body; and 3) you throw a live ball and it is caught by an opponent.
- A thrown live ball can only hit out 1 player. Thrown balls that hit the ground, the wall, other balls, or other objects before hitting the opponent are considered dead balls, and are ineligible to hit players out.
- You may block a thrown ball with a held ball. However, if you drop the blocking ball during the act of blocking, or if you fail to make a clean block (as in the thrown ball still ends up hitting or grazing your body afterwards), you are out.
- If you are out, line up on the side in the order you got out (think of it as being in an "resurrection" line). If your teammate catches a ball, the player at the start of your team's "resurrection" line comes back into play after touching the wall (the teammate must be in the line at the time of the catch to be eligible to be brought back in).
- You can only hold a ball for 10 seconds, afterwards, it will be considered dead. Dead balls need to be rolled over immediately to the other team.
- If the game comes down to 1 player per side, they have 10 seconds to hit each other out; if not, "Showdown" comes into effect. The game is paused, each player gets two balls, two balls are lined up at the ends of the centerline, and the centerline is dissolved. The first player to get the other player out wins.
- The game may also end if the time of each individual game expires before either team has lost, the team with the most amount of players still in the game will be the winner.
- Have fun, shake hands, make friends and be spirited!
Concession Stand is available with:
- Granola Bars
All money raised will be donated evenly between the Dymonte Thomas Community Foundation Inc. & The Alliance Family YMCA.
For any other questions, comments, or concerns please Email:
Alex Williamson at DT35Community@gmail.com or Andrea Lee at ALee@YMCAStark.org